Learn about Emerald Ash Borer!
Invasive Species Awareness Week: June 5
Monday, June 5, 2023,
6:00 PM -
Invasive Species Awareness Week, June 5-9, is a time to promote knowledge and understanding of invasive species and the harm they can cause. We want to empower YOU to stop the spread of invasive species!
- June 5, 6-7pm, Canton Free Library Paige Room
- Aaron Barrigar of the St. Lawrence County Soil and Water Conservation District will talk about this invasive beetle and the extent to which it has moved across the county. EAB infested ash trees quickly decline and can fall or collapse without warning. Learn how to ID ash, EAB infestations, and what can be done.
- June 6, 6:30-8pm, SLU Wachtmeister Field Station
- Spotted Lantern Fly with Kayla Edmunds of Nature up North and Nick Hamilton-Honey of Cornell Cooperative Extension
- June 7, 7-8pm, Indian Creek Nature Center Pavilion
- Purple loosestrife with Jess Rogers, Biology Professor at SUNY Potsdam
- June 8, 6:30-8pm, Potsdam Public Library Mezzanine Classroom
- Gardeners' role in controlling invasives with Erica LaFountain and Nick Hamilton-Honey of Cornell Cooperative Extension
- June 9, 1-2pm, Potsdam Public Library
- Wild parsnip, Spotted Wing Drosophila, ask a naturalist or Master Gardener Volunteer with Ken Kogut (MGV) and Nick Hamilton-Honey
Canton Free Library, Paige Room
8 Park St
Canton, NY 13617
Last updated May 3, 2023