Deadline to Apply February14, 2023
This position will
serve as a Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education (SNAP-ED)
Nutritionist I for Cornell Cooperative Extension of St. Lawrence County and
will implement SNAP-ED programming from a menu of existing SNAP-ED educational
programs and program activities in St. Lawrence County, Franklin County, and Akwesasne. This
position will implement already-existing educational programming, including
occasional creation of lesson plans based on established program knowledge, to
the public to improve healthy food and lifestyle choices among low-income
families and individuals encompassing all age groups. This position will be
responsible for the delivery of established SNAP-ED programming to community
groups, and will deliver other established SNAP-ED programming and activities,
both on-site and off-site, in the community, in accordance with the Nutrition
Program Area’s Plan of Work.
This position is a full-time, non-exempt position - 100% FTE, 40 hours per week. This position, based on eligibility, offers a comprehensive benefit package, to include: health and dental insurance, retirement, vacation, sick and personal leave.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition or Public Health or equivalent education (Associate's Degree in Nutrition or Public Health and 2 years transferable program/functional experience).
- Experience relevant to the role of the position.
- Valid New York State Driver’s License and the ability to meet travel requirements associated with this position.
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include evenings and/or weekends, as appropriate.
- Familiarity with purchasing and preparing foods, utilizing business expense accounts and pragmatic use of resources.
- Familiarity with reviewing and following recipes and assure compliance to federal and state guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize program resources within the general community.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, teach and evaluate informal educational programs through a variety of delivery methods to reach individuals and groups.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a team member working with volunteers and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to organize reference materials for programming purposes.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through oral, written and visual means.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computer technologies for educational and communication purposes.
Last updated January 18, 2023